Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility
Skip to main content

Jan 28, 2022

Pensacola State online nursing program moves up in rankings

For the fourth consecutive year, Pensacola State College’s online RN to BSN Program has moved up in U.S. News and World Report’s rankings. In the publication’s “Best Online Bachelor’s Programs 2022 Edition,” the program was ranked second among Florida College System institutions, fifth among all Florida colleges and universities and among the top 50 in the nation.

Jan 26, 2022

Guest editorial: Thanks to Santa Rosa for helping save animals

There is a lot to celebrate as we finalized the comparison data for 2021. There’s a lot I will unpack for you here…

Jan 26, 2022

Letter to the editor: Political-based club meeting had no place on front page

I was disappointed reading Patriots hold candlelight vigil for Jan. 6 prisoners. Is a political-based club meeting really front-page news? I would have expected more from the Gazette.

Jan 26, 2022

Santa Rosa County local and Christian bass player Jay Weaver passes into ‘glory’

“Anybody’s who’s come in contact with him knows how real his faith in Jesus was. I believe even though COVID may have taken his last breath, Jesus was right there to catch him. I know that he’s seeing things now that I long to see. My heart’s broke.”

Jan 24, 2022

Local historian and professor pens new book

In between teaching college classes at two schools, Dr. Brian Rucker, a longtime resident of north Santa Rosa County, writes books. His latest is on Disneyworld resorts.

Jan 20, 2022

Blackwater Literary Journal launches new edition

This issue is a literary collection of prose and poetry that explores values and sentiments unique to Santa Rosa County. Milton’s Poet Laureate Marc Livanos’s belief is that you have the right to feel what you feel.

Jan 20, 2022

James R. Fletcher, June 2, 1957-January 5, 2022

It is with great sadness that our family is saying goodbye to our loved one, James Ralph Fletcher, age 64, who passed from this world to be with our Lord on Wednesday, January 5, 2022, after a short illness.

Jan 18, 2022

NWFSC Students Named to President’s List and Dean’s List for Fall 2021 Semester

Northwest Florida State College recognized the superior academic achievement of students who completed the Fall 2021 semester by naming them to the President‘s List and Dean’s List. The President’s List includes students with nine or more credits in the semester who earned a grade-point average of 3.8 to 4.0 in college-level courses during the semester. The Dean’s […]

Jan 14, 2022

Spots filling up for Milton blacksmithing class

What do you do when you need a metal part for antique, car, boat or any other thing and can’t buy one? 

If you’re David Sandlin, you make it.

Jan 13, 2022

Santa Rosa Medical Center welcomes year’s first baby

The first baby, Orion Isaiah, was born Jan. 3 to Kerstin Kent and Michael Dunn in Santa Rosa Medical Center’s Baby Suite.
error: Content is protected !!