COMMISSION REGULAR MEETING Thursday, June 13, 2013 – 9:00 a.m.
9:00 a.m. Call to Order – Chairman Bob Cole
Prayer – Pastor Jonathan Arneault, The Rock United Pentecostal Church
Pledge of Allegiance
Approval of the Minutes of the May 9, 2013 and May 23, 2013 Regular Meetings, May 21, 2013 Special Meeting (Restore Act Consulting Services Interviews) and May 23, 2013 Rezoning Meeting
Approval of the Agenda
Economic Development Committee – Salter & Cole
1. Recommend reappointment of Reagan McDaniel to three (3) year term as the organized labor representative on the Workforce Escarosa, Inc. Board of Directors.
Administrative Committee – Cole & Melvin
1. Recommend waiver of nuisance noise ordinance requirements for entertainment associated with Boo Weekly Annual Charity Golf Tournament at Hidden Creek Golf Course from 8:00 p.m. until midnight Friday July 26, 2013 and 8:00 p.m. until midnight Saturday June 27, 2013.
2. Recommend contract with Atkins of North America, Inc. for consulting services associated with RESTORE Act and related matters.
3. Recommend bid from Navarre Area Board of Realtors (NABOR) in the amount of $215,000 for purchase of Navarre Community Center including building, property, and contents to include furniture and kitchenware.
4. Recommend soliciting proposals for design and architectural services for the Pace Tennis Complex adjacent to Benny Russell Park funded by Districts One and Three recreation funds.
5. Recommend participation in the National Association of Counties (NACO) Prescription Discount Card Program and authorize execution of relevant documents.
6. Recommend release of mortgage for three acre parcel including 15,000 sq. ft. building in Santa Rosa Industrial Park in foreclosure to Hancock Bank.
7. Recommend Certificate of Participation for 2013 Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE) Byrne Memorial Justice Assistance Grant (State Solicitation) in the amount of $51,149 and designation of Lt. Butcher of Sheriff Office as Point of Contact.
8. Recommend Settlement Agreement in the amount of $50,000 for workers compensation claim of former deputy sheriff as recommended by Risk Manager and County Attorney.
9. Recommend Resolution granting Temporary Construction Easement to Florida Department of Transportation for improvements to SR87 and Munson Highway intersection.
10. Recommend extension of Florida Department of Economic Opportunity contract for 2012 CDBG Grant for Bagdad sewer extension project through January 31, 2014.
11. Recommend following appointments for District Four:
– Jayer Williamson: Electrical Code Board of Appeals.
– Claude Duvall: Fire Protection Board of Appeals.
12. Recommend designation of Commissioner Cole as credentialed delegate to the National Association of Counties Annual Conference.
13. Recommend use of roadways around Spencer OLF for 2nd Annual Run for Water 5K event Saturday, September 14, 2013 from 7:30 a.m. to 9:00 a.m.
14. Recommend use of Courthouse grounds and parking areas July 4, 2013 for annual July 4th Riverfest events to include temporary NO WAKE Zone designation for portion of Blackwater River as requested by Santa Rosa Chamber of Commerce.
15. Recommend authorization of application for US Justice Department Byrne Memorial Grant (Local Solicitation) in the amount of $14,316 requiring no local match.
16. Recommend Assignment of Gulf Power Company Lighting Services Contract from Florida Department of Transportation for Phase I of US98 Street Lighting project and authorize execution of all related documents.
17. Meetings (unless otherwise noted the meetings below will be held in the Board room of the Santa Rosa County Administrative Center):
Tourist Development Council Board Meeting June 19 3:00 p.m.
Santa Rosa Chamber of Commerce, 5247 Stewart St., Milton
Aviation Advisory Committee June 19 5:00 p.m.
Commission Committee June 24 9:00 a.m.
Bagdad Architectural Advisory Board June 26 8:30 a.m.
Public Services Conference Room, 6051 Old Bagdad Hwy., Milton
Parks and Recreation June 26 5:30 p.m.
Commission Regular June 27 9:00 a.m.
Commission Special – Rezoning Meeting June 27 6:00 p.m.
1. Recommend Work Order No. 003 in the amount of $14,740 to contract with Hatch Mott MacDonald Engineers for design modifications T-Hangar project as required by changes to Florida Building Code.
2. Recommend Task Order 29 not to exceed $53,400 to contract with CH2M Hill for design of Fairpointe water main rehabilitation project for Navarre Beach utility system.
3. Recommend proposal from Beard Equipment in the amount of $10,421.12 for under-carriage replacement for landfill bulldozer based on comparison shopping.
4. Recommend acceptance of paving of 277 LF± of Romano Street.
Public Services Committee – Lynchard & Williamson
1. Recommend modification to contract with Florida Division of Emergency Management for extension of Homeland Security Grant agreement through June 30, 2013 and authorize execution of related documents.
2. Recommend submission of annual Citizen Corp grant in the amount of $15,000 with Florida Division of Emergency Management utilizing in-kind services as local match.
3. Recommend subordination of mortgage agreement for SHIP Rehabilitation Loan in the amount of $7,404 for the property located at 3844 Hazel Godwin Road consistent with Board policy.
4. Recommend subordination of mortgage agreement for SHIP Rehabilitation Loan in the amount of $7,500 for the property located at 5104 Bradford Drive consistent with Board policy.
5. Recommend Inter-local Agreement with Escambia County for Federal Transit funding of the Veterans Transportation Initiative Grant and authorize execution of related documents.
6. Recommend Equipment Lease Agreement with Pensacola Bay Transportation for four (4) vehicles providing transportation disadvantaged services in Santa Rosa County.
7. Recommend submission of Section 5310 Capital Assistance Grant for elderly and people with disabilities with Florida Department of Transportation for replacement vehicles for transportation disadvantaged program.
Public Works Committee – Williamson & Melvin
1. Recommend construction of multi-use path on East Bay Boulevard (CR 399) from US 98 to Shadow Lakes Subdivision at an estimated labor and material cost of $217,315 funded by Area 3 Impact Fees.
2. Recommend resurfacing twenty-two roadways throughout the County at an estimated cost of $1,355,425 funded by Road & Bridge Reserves.
3. Recommend construction of 850 ft. extension to the right turn lane on Ward Basin Road at East Milton Elementary School contingent upon School Board reimbursement of material cost estimated at $25,000.
Budget & Financial Management Committee – Melvin & Lynchard
1. Recommend Budget Amendment 2013 – 129 in the amount of $996,730 recognizing HMGP grant and local match funding for Phase II construction of Ramblewood Drive HMGP stormwater project.
2. Budget Amendment 2013 – 130 in the amount of $670 for military related expenses associated with Northwest Florida Coalition trip to Washington and Florida Defense Support Task Force meeting.
3 Budget Amendment 2013 – 131 in the amount of $714,500 for Economic Development Transportation Fund (EDTF) grant for construction of rail spur in Industrial Park serving Gulf Cable and Gold Ring Distribution, Inc.
4. Budget Amendment 2013 – 132 in the amount of $10,000 carrying forward funds for the Navarre Fishing Rodeo from the Tourist Development Fund.
5. Recommend County Expenditures / Check Register.
This article originally appeared on Santa Rosa Press Gazette: COMMISSION REGULAR MEETING Thursday, June 13, 2013 – 9:00 a.m.